We’re always looking for people willing to donate their time and expertise to helping deliver our program services and helping the community. Please contact us to discuss how you can best serve as a volunteer. You can also visit our profile on AllForGood and VolunteerMatch for some current volunteer opportunities.
We have a critical need in the following areas. If you have experience in any of the following areas and would like to donate your time to help facilitate one of these classes, please contact us and let us know.
- Gang Diversion: Having California teaching credentials or experience facilitating a gang diversion or prevention program is a plus but not required. We have a curriculum for use in our program, so no outside materials are needed.
- Job Readiness training: Having California teaching credentials or experience facilitating a job or career readiness training program is a plus but not required. You may bring your own curriculum for us to review. We also have a curriculum in development.
- Mentoring: Volunteer mentors must have completed a certified gang diversion/intervention program, substance misuse (including AA/NA or other “rehab”) program, or other CBT-based program, and must not have participated in the harmful activity they overcame for the last year, to be eligible for our Mentor program.
- Personal Development training: Having California teaching credentials or experience facilitating a personal development program is a plus but not required. You may bring your own curriculum for us to review. We also have a curriculum in development.
- Spiritual Fellowship: Volunteer spiritual fellowship facilitators need not be ordained clergy in their faith, but they must be a “faith leader” and willing to lead others in discussion and learning about spiritual growth. We do not promote any one faith over another.
- Substance Misuse: Volunteers will provide out-patient one-on-one and group substance misuse counseling for clients who were formerly incarcerated. Volunteer must be a California Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor (CADC I, CADC II, CADC-CS, or LAADC), Certified Addictions Treatment Counselor (CATC I), Certified Addiction Specialist (CAS), Certified Alcohol and Other Drug Counselor (CAODC), or Registered Addiction Specialist (RAS). We regret that we cannot accept RADTs, RADT IIs or D&A counselor interns at this time.
We’re also looking for volunteers who can help with things once we open our office:
- office work
- professional services (e.g., attorneys, nurses)
- marketing and promotion
- social media
Click on one of the images below to view some of our volunteer opportunities.