For information about our circulation, reader demographics and current ad rates, scroll down or download our Rate Card (.pdf format).
Why Advertise in On the Outs?
There are a number of good reasons to advertise in On the Outs.
Reaching an Eager Market: People adjusting to life after incarceration are eager to get back to a “normal” life. That includes learning about the latest trends, brands, and opportunities that are available to them. Your brand, message or program will be seen by the people most in need, and often most eager, to see it!
Support the Reentry Process: As an advertiser, your dollars go toward supporting a publication specifically designed to bring a positive message to those transitioning to life after incarceration and to support the reentry process. You are helping community providers, like Success Reentry Solutions, deliver much-needed reentry programs and services.
Vol. 1, No. 0 (Preview issue): 5,000+
The preview issue will be distributed to the public, and potential advertisers and distribution partners. We’ll print at least 5,000 copies (more if sufficient sponsorships exist by the time we go to print in January). That’s an estimated readership of 12,500!
Vol. 1, No. 1 (March, 2019; Spring issue): 10,000*
* We’re printing a minimum of 10,000 copies of our premier Issue! That’s an estimated readership of 25,000.
Vol. 1, No. 2 (May, 2019; Graduation issue): 10,000
Vol. 1, No. 3 (July, 2019; Summer/Independence issue): 10,000
Vol. 1, No. 4 (Sep, 2019; Fall/Back to School issue): 10,000
Vol. 1, No. 5 (Nov, 2019; Holiday Season issue): 10,000
Vol. 2, No. 1 (Jan, 2020; New Year issue): 20,000*
* We project a circulation of 20,000+ by Q1, 2020, and will adjust our advertising rates accordingly. That’s an estimated readership of 50,000!
Ad Rates listed below are for both Issue #0 (Vol. 1, No. 0; our Preview Issue) and Issue #1 (Vol. 1, No. 1), combined.
Any advertiser that purchases an advertisement in the March Issue (Vol. 1, No. 1) by January 1st, 2019, will receive a complimentary ad placement in Issue #0, our Preview Issue!
Full Page (10.5×10.75”) – $800
3/5 (6.2×10.75″) – $600
1/2 pg (5.25×10.75”/10.5×5.25”) – $450
2/5 (4.1×10.75″) – $400
3/10 (6.2×5.4″/4.1×8.1″) – $300
1/4 (2.5×10.75″/10.5×2.5″) – $250
1/5 (1.95×10.75″) – $200
2/10 Back Cover (4.1×5.4″) – $300
2/10 (4.1×5.4″) – $200
1/10 (4.1×2.7″) – $100
Column In. (1.95×1″) – $20
Display Ad Dimensions
Our page size is 11.5 x 12 inches (10.5 x 10.75″ printable area), with five columns. Each column inch, using 10-point type, contains six (6) lines of text, for an average of 6 words (up to 38 characters) per line.
See the graphics below for a visual representation of the dimensions of our various display advertising sizes. (Click on the image to view larger graphic.)
We accept advertisers from most industries. Some of the products and services that may be particularly well-suited for our readers include:
- Beverages (non-alcoholic)
- Comic Books and Graphic Novels
- Correspondence courses
- Credit repair services
- Drug and alcohol treatment services
- Faith-based programs
- Fast Food brands
- GED programs
- Government programs
- Inmate support programs
- Insurance (health, renters, automobile, etc.)
- Job Readiness and Job Training Programs
- Neighborhood program
- Nonprofit organizations
- Parole/Probationer support programs
- Police/Sheriff Athletic Leagues
- Secondary Schools, Community Colleges, and Universities
- Social services
- Sports leagues
What we won’t advertise
Due to the demographics of our readers and the issues surrounding security policies of various institutions, there are some categories of products and industries that we will not accept as advertisers in On the Outs. These include:
- Alcoholic beverages or liquor
- Fake or simulated identification, ID cards, badges, etc.
- Covert surveillance and “spy gear”
- Dating services
- Marijuana (including medicinal marijuana, derivatives and synthetic marijuana)
- Pornography or any sexually explicit material
- No graphic or violent content
- Products designed to conceal weapons
- Products designed to conceal any illegal item/substance
- Any product or service considered “contraband” by a United States correctional facility
- Any product or service that advocates the overthrow of the U.S. government
- Any product or service that promotes hate speech
- Any product or service that promotes criminal activity
- Any images related to gangs (aka street gangs, prison gangs, security threat groups)
- Material that by its nature or content poses a threat or is detrimental to the security, safety, health, good order or discipline of the facility, inmate rehabilitation, or facilitates criminal activity
Whether an advertiser or advertisement meets any of the criteria listed above is at the sole discretion of Success Reentry Solutions.
Statement of Ownership, Management, and Circulation
A. Total number of copies (net press run): 5,000
B. Paid and/or requested circulation
B1-2. Mail subscriptions: 0
B3. Sales through dealers and carriers, street vendors, counter sales and other non-USPS paid distributors: 0
C. Total paid and/or requested circulation [sum of B1-2 and B3]: 0
D. Free distribution by mail: 0
E. Free distribution outside the mail: 5,000
F. Total free distribution [sum of D and E]: 5,000
G. Total distribution [sum of C and F]: 5,000
H. Copies not distributed: 0
I. Total [sum of G and H; should equal A]: 5,000