Camp Phoenix is a reentry program unlike most. It will be set in a mountain forest, away from most of the trappings of civilization. It can best be described as “a 30-day CBT-based personal development and counseling program in a therapeutic environment.”
The camp consists of a month-long, 3-phase intensive program, in which participants receive our Unlock Your Potential comprehensive CBT-based reentry program in a therapeutic, scenic setting. Participants will not be permitted to have cell phones or other electronic devices, nor any drugs or paraphernalia, while in the program.
Activities at the camp may include:
- Onsite counselors (one per cabin; graduates may come back as camp counselors)
- Daily Classes (Gang Diversion, Personal Development, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial & Career Readiness Training
- Work Assignments (participants will learn job skills, as well as work ethic & responsibility)
- Weekly Campfire (for fellowship, announcements & recognition)
- Great Hall (for dining and group classes & spiritual events)
- Phone Cabin (free calls, available in Phase II and III).
- Laundry Cabin
- Guest Speakers (for a variety of topics)
- Horseback Riding (Phase III)
- Overnight Hike/Campout
- Graduation & Family Day
Participants who successfully complete the month-long program will have received hundreds of hours of education, counseling, and therapy, leading to personal and spiritual growth. Graduates will receive a certificate of completion and special coin, symbolizing their journey and accomplishment.