Our vision is to open a series of Success Reentry Centers in communities throughout Sacramento County. These community centers would provide a safe, neutral place for participants and their families, as well as the community at large.
What Will Be Available at the Center?
Resources at the Reentry Resource Centers are envisioned to include:
- Onsite Counselors & counselor interns
- Resource Room
- Computers (for online job searches, typing training & certification, online vocational training, online college attendance, and other online/video training programs)
- Library & Reading room
- Meeting/Conference Room, for
- Suit closet (with suits, ties, and other business attire for our clients)
- Game & Recreation room (ping pong, console games, etc.)
- Child Care Center (with certified child care providers and volunteers)
- Visiting Agency Office (for short-term services by government agencies & community organizations)
- Nurses or Physicians
- Social Services
What It Isn’t
To clarify, the proposed Resource Center…
- Will NOT be used as a residence of any kind. Services will be provided on a “walk-in,” out-patient basis;
- Clients will NOT be subject to mandatory check-ins, searches, or drug testing;
- Will NOT be utilized as an alternative to incarceration;
- Will NOT be used to serve parolees/probationers as a condition of their release;
- Services will NOT be limited to parolees and probationers (they will be available to the public, as well).
- Services would be voluntary, NOT contracted with any law enforcement/correctional agency.
We contacted the zoning departments of the County of Sacramento, as well as the Cities of Elk Grove, Rancho Cordova, and Sacramento to determine the zoning category for our proposed center in each jurisdiction. Below are their responses.
“After discussions with my Supervisor regarding your Business Inquiry, we’ve made the determination that the proposed use qualifies as Office, Business and Professional.” (Oct 16, 2018)
Joseph N. Daguman, Assistant Planner
City of Elk Grove
“We have determined that your primary use would be office, business and professional with an incidental restaurant use. Please be mindful that additional regulations that may limit the size of the café/restaurant could apply depending on the zoning designation of the property.” (Sep 5, 2018)
City of Rancho Cordova
“Based on all the information provided in this email stream, I agree that the land use is classified as office/commercial service which are permitted by right. Should any of the variables change per our conversation, please reconnect with us to discuss if it constitutes a change in your land use classification and/or would require a conditional use permit.” (Sep 14, 2018)
Evan Compton, Principal Planner
City of Sacramento
Help Fund Our Resource Center
We are actively seeking donations for the first Reentry Resource Center. This new facility will provide a safe, non-judgmental space for our clients to learn and grow. The facility will have a “community center” feel, and contain a classroom, a library, and a job readiness area.
Donations go toward securing a facility lease to host our Reentry Resource Center for one year, as well as providing needed equipment, supplies and staffing for the center.
To support our Reentry Resource Center, find out how you can get involved!